Passion-based education provides a missing element in traditional education. It develops the student's own expressions of wisdom, love and creativity through expanded awareness, mind-body-spirit integration, emotional wellness, social and transpersonal connectedness.
Traditional education focuses on acquiring information and skills that are needed to be competent in specific tasks and activities. It neglects the most important needs for a health and fulfillment at every level and in every facet of being, including one's career, emotions, physical well-being, relationships, family life, spirituality, and far more. In passion-based education students gain qualities and knowledge that address these needs.
Students of passion-based education develop and acquire:
- Vivacious life-force energy and holistic fitness
- Mental clarity and expanded awareness.
- Sharp intellect and analytic thinking.
- Rich imagination and creativity.
- Appreciation of beauty and artistic perception.
- Commitment, responsibility, accountability and discipline.
- Self-knowledge of talents, challenges and archetypal patterns.
- Recognition of authentic meaning and life-purpose.
- Emotional intelligence and wellness
- Compassion and love for all beings.
- Healthy relationships and social skills
- Holistic wisdom and intuition.
- Integration and synergy of mind, body, spirit, emotions, relationships and environment.
- Studying and collaborating in passion-based education teams.
- Experience-driven exploration and integration of knowledge.
- Multidimensional learning formats and settings
- Freedom of choice to create and pursue a personal academic and career path.
- Individual academic counseling and supervision.
- Studying through direct experiences in diverse nature settings.
- Professional apprenticeship with personal mentors who provide role modeling and expert knowledge.
Personal Development Practices
- Training that energize and awaken inner passion.
- Exercises for holistic fitness and mind-body-spirit integration.
- Meditations that develop unbounded awareness.
- Cultivating and declaring authentic values and meaning.
- Conscious alignment of purpose, passion, intention and action.
- Evaluation, planning and practice of optimal lifestyle and nutrition.
- Practicing interpersonal and social skills.
- Active involvement and promotion of social and environmental wellness.
See also Education For All »
LiOr Jacob, who has pioneered passion-based education for more than twenty years, discusses a missing element in mainstream education - passion. The current system does not provide the needed education for personal and social wellness, and it does not prepare students as qualified professionals for today's needs. He says that the student's own experience should be at the center of education:
- Students learn how to develop and embody your authentic passion.
- Students learn what they love and what engages their curiosity.
- Learning is integration of new experiences with the student's own experience.
- Students are encouraged to explore, collaborate and be creative.
Passion-based education empowers students to be in charge of their life. It develops their capacity for love, wisdom and creativity. When you learn and do what you love, you become a loving person. When you relate it to your own experience, it develops your inner wisdom. When you're encouraged to explore beyond the box, you become more creative. Passion-based education inspires students to fulfill their unique interests and goals. They're also prepared as qualified professionals for the emerging passion age.