7 Makeup Tips Nobody Told You About
Make-up can be a woman’s best friend. These cosmetics help enhance the beauty, charm, and appeal of the person without the need to exaggerate. And since not all of us are born with the ‘gift’, we gathered some of the most awesome makeup tips and hacks that will change every girl’s life.
1. FEEL FREE TO CHOOSE THE “YOU-CAN’T-GO-WRONG” BLUSH SHADE.
Most beauty experts recommend that anyone can put on a peach blush and look fabulous. You can never go wrong with this shade as it’s an ideal pick for multiple skin tones.
On fair skin, peach is especially flattering if your complexion has yellow undertones. “It has orange and yellow tones, so it enhances the natural flush,” said international makeup artist, Quinn Murphy. “It’s all about texture, thanks to a sheer and blendable formula that is going to look very natural and fantastic.”
2. KNOW YOUR FACE SHAPE.
The picture shows the different face shapes and how to put blush on accordingly. If it helps, stand in front of a mirror and with one eye closed, draw the outline of your face using a lipstick. Step aside and compare the shape to those in the picture.
3. THIS DIY SCRUB IS AN EXCELLENT NATURAL BEAUTY REMEDY.
Got dry lips and even blackheads? Worry no more! There’s an organic way to deal with these common problems. Prepare a spoonful of brown sugar, honey, and extra virgin coconut oil. Mix this beauty concoction and apply it on the area you wish to give a new glow.
For your lips: Use a baby toothbrush to gently rub your lips, wash, and pat dry with soft towel. Apply petroleum jelly or lip balm right after exfoliation to moisturize your lips.
For your face: Apply the mixture onto your clean face, gently rub, wash thoroughly, and pat dry. Don’t forget to moisturize before heading to bed for a good night’s sleep.
4. A WHITE EYELINER IS ACTUALLY A MUST-HAVE.
White eyeliner brightens eyes, makes you appear instantly awake, and switches up your everyday look in just a snap of a finger. So, if you’ve got a vibrant eyeshadow yet it appears so pale on you, try to use white eyeliner to cover your entire lid before applying your preferred eyeshadow. It gives your eyes the boost it truly deserves.
There are actually lots of gorgeous ways to wear white eyeliner that can improve the way you look without too much effort.
5. TRY THESE MASCARA HACKS.
- When you notice that your mascara tube has dried out and started to form lumps, don’t fret. Here’s a quick fix: Add two drops of eye drops into the tube and then rub the brush around inside. This softens the liquid in your magic lash tube and now it looks brand new.
- You may throw empty mascara tube away but not your favorite mascara wand. Clean your brush off and feel free to use it with your new mascara tubes.
- How to enhance your lashes? Simply sweep your mascara towards your nose instead of upwards – the way most of us used to do then. Doing this new trick will help you make your lashes look fuller and your eyes, bigger.
6. ACHIEVE THAT SMOKY EYE LOOK AS EASY AS 1-2-3.
With your favorite eyeliner, draw a slanted hashtag (#) at the outer corner of each eye. Blend it in well with the rest of your eye makeup. You get that smoky, sexy look without a lot of work, thanks to this genius hack.
7. THESE LIPPIES TRICKS ARE ALL WORTH IT.
- To make your lipstick last all day, hold a tissue over your lips and dust them with translucent (or baby) powder. A small amount of the powder will transfer onto the tissue this way, locking in your color.
- Lipstick on your teeth? Not anymore! After applying your lipstick, put your finger in your mouth. Close your lips around your finger, and then pull your finger out. The excess lipstick will get on your finger, and not on your teeth.
- Your lippies can also work well as your eyeshadow and cheek tint all in one go.
- Practice to ‘blot’ the right way. Doing it between applications actually, makes your lip color last longer. Doing so removes excess oil on your lips from the first application, so that the second one grips it better and doesn’t travel off of your lips as quickly as it used to.
With all these tricks, you don’t need to spend hours in the mirror just to achieve the beautiful, glowing face you’ve always dreamed of.