Peace starts within each of us. Many peaceful people create a peaceful community.Conflicts are resolved by transforming oppositions into harmonies.Diversities are celebrated through dancing and chanting that enrich and connect us all.
Dance for Peace is based on the following principles:
- Social and political peace is created by peaceful people. For people to live in peace with each other, they need to be in peace with themselves.
- Passion cannot be stopped, but it can be transformed. The cycle of violence->pain->anger->violence can be transformed if horror and rage will have alternative outlets.
- Hurting others is driven by separation. A direct heart-to-heart eperience, seeing ourselves in others, and realizing that we’re all part of a beautiful and rich humanity, dissolves the motivation to act against others, and inspires for harmonious living.
Dance for Peace creates a container where each person find their own peace, not by suppressing their difficult emotions, but by celebrating them through creative and healing outlets: Dancing, conscious breathing, chanting, drumming, hugging, laughing, crying. Being in this process with others, seeing their own humanity, feeling and identifying with their own dramas, brings deep compassion to each other, seeing their journeys as our own, and natural desire to let them celebrate their passion and fulfill their aspirations.
Upcoming Dance For Peace Events:
- Tel Aviv, Israel:
Saturday, April 7, 2018
- Kings Canyon, California:
Monday, June 26, 2018
- San Francisco, California:
Saturday, September 22, 2018